Taking Back America!
"Americans going about their everyday lives should not be treated like criminals or terrorists and have their rights infringed upon by military tactics," Rand Paul
The thought that American skies will be (or already are) full of military drone aircraft spying on us is troubling and a totally unconstitutional. For those of you who don't know already local police departments are using drones, the EPA and Customs that we know of. There are probably more organizations using them over America that we don't know about.
Thank goodness for Rand Paul! He has just proposed a bill that would require a warrant before any organization can use a drone to spy on an American.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, Sen. Rand Paul introduced legislation into the Senate that protects individual privacy against unwarranted governmental intrusion through the use of the unmanned aerial vehicles commonly known as drones. The Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act of 2012 will protect Americans' personal privacy.
"Like other tools used to collect information in law enforcement, in order to use drones a warrant needs to be issued," said Paul.
The Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act of 2012 also:
1. Prohibits the use of drones by the government except when a warrant is issued for its use in accordance with the requirements of the Fourth Amendment.
2. Includes the following exceptions:
1) patrol of national borders;
2) when law enforcement possesses reasonable suspicion that under particular circumstances, swift drone action is necessary to prevent "imminent danger to life;"
3) high risk of a terrorist attack
3. Allows any person to sue the government for violating this Act.
4. Specifies that no evidence obtained or collected in violation of this Act can be used/admissible as evidence in a criminal, civil, or regulatory action.
Lets hope this bill passes but you watch I bet the Democrats will oppose it.