Be Ready to Support Rick Perry! (Especially Ron Paul People!)

Yes, I know many think Ron Paul will win Iowa or at very least be a close second. That is probably true but after Iowa and maybe New Hampshire Ron Paul has nowhere to go except down. Paul has done a wonderful job putting together a strong ground force in Iowa and NH sometimes does their own thing but then it is on to South Carolina and Florida and he will drop like a rock to about 10% of the vote.

I am asking Ron Paul supporters to be 'ready' to support Rick Perry when it is clear Ron Paul won't be able to win the Republican nomination. Rick Perry is your next best choice and it is vital that Ron Paul does not attempt a third party bid. That would guarantee Obama wins and we sure don't want that.

Rick Perry is a good choice. He is a strong states rights believer and has promised to make Washington much less in our daily lives than it is now. I take him at his word. Perry has the clout and credibility with people that Ron Paul does not. Despite what most Ron Paul followers believe there is no way he wins the nomination because so many people in the United States think many of his ideas are kooky. He has been branded with that label and that is just fact. You can say it is not true until you turn blue but it is true. His age is also a major issue with many. You watch after Iowa the attacks will explode on Ron Paul and make his image worse with the general population. Just watch.

Rick Perry is getting better everyday in putting out his message. We really need him to do well in Iowa and start making a comeback. He is the most conservative of all the candidates that has a realistic chance of beating Obama and does not have the baggage of Newt Gingrich. If we don't all get behind Perry I am afraid we will have Romney as the winner and I don't think he can beat Obama.

Tags: Barrack Obama, Iowa Caucus, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Ron Paul

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No thank you. I am committed to freedom & liberty, as is most Ron Paul supporters.

Paul says some good things but there are also many things he says that I don't like so I can't vote for him. I can't vote for someone who wants to legalize drugs and does not care if Iran has a nuclear weapon among other things. Plus, Paul plays a typical politician game on earmarks. He says he is against them and wasteful government spending but then he manages to bring home tons of them for his own district by saying it is their money. That turns me off on him also. He has been in Washington way too long in my view. We need term limits!

I am with you on Perry! He wants to audit the Fed, fire Bernanke, make a part time congress, flat tax option, secure the border and other good things so there should be plenty of room for Paul supporters in the Perry tent.

Earmarks are already spent and it would be irresponsible for him not to earmark for his district. He has voted against spending regardless of the earmarks. Paul wants to get rid of the Federal war on drugs and return the power to the States to make their own laws. Even wikipedia tells about the potential of Iran & a nuke. Ron Paul supporters are firm in their committments.

Jon Sayer said:

Paul says some good things but there are also many things he says that I don't like so I can't vote for him. I can't vote for someone who wants to legalize drugs and does not care if Iran has a nuclear weapon among other things. Plus, Paul plays a typical politician game on earmarks. He says he is against them and wasteful government spending but then he manages to bring home tons of them for his own district by saying it is their money. That turns me off on him also. He has been in Washington way too long in my view. We need term limits!

I am with you on Perry! He wants to audit the Fed, fire Bernanke, make a part time congress, flat tax option, secure the border and other good things so there should be plenty of room for Paul supporters in the Perry tent.

Can't support anyone who wants to legalize drugs, prostitution, and ok's nukes for Iran.....all of which are Paul's stances.  He's a loon and needs to disappear...I live in Texas.  He's an embarrassment to America.  Also don't like how Paul's supporters swarm any website or polls to jack up the numbers.......comeon!  when Paul gets over 6,000 votes and all the others get around 600 or less.......something is wrong in Denmark.  He's dishonest (did he or didn't he OK those racists newsletters?.......he can't decide on which side of his mouth to talk out of) and so are the his dishonest loons that vote over and over on polls, want to legalize drugs (pot, heroin, cocaine), prosititution, and are OK with nukes in Iran, and those that think the U.S. is responsible for the deaths on 9/11.  He needs to GO!!!  AWAY!!!!

Perry all the way!

You obviously don't know much about Paul or understand what he is saying, no matter where you live. You just spout the same MSM dribble. He does not say "legalize drugs" he says stop the federal drug war - it don't work. The states have the right to make their own laws, period. No - he did not approve any racist newsletters & that smear campaign hasn't fooled anyone but the blind (and that's not many anymore). Paul supporters don't have time to jack up the polls and I don't think people get it -  he has support from Democrats, Independents, polls highest with minorities. One big group that You are slamming, is our own military and vets who support him more than all the GOP combiined - they provide more support to Paul than Obama! Blowback is a reality. HIS MESSAGE IS HERE TO STAY! 

annamae sturat said:

Can't support anyone who wants to legalize drugs, prostitution, and ok's nukes for Iran.....all of which are Paul's stances.  He's a loon and needs to disappear...I live in Texas.  He's an embarrassment to America.  Also don't like how Paul's supporters swarm any website or polls to jack up the numbers.......comeon!  when Paul gets over 6,000 votes and all the others get around 600 or less.......something is wrong in Denmark.  He's dishonest (did he or didn't he OK those racists newsletters?.......he can't decide on which side of his mouth to talk out of) and so are the his dishonest loons that vote over and over on polls, want to legalize drugs (pot, heroin, cocaine), prosititution, and are OK with nukes in Iran, and those that think the U.S. is responsible for the deaths on 9/11.  He needs to GO!!!  AWAY!!!!

Perry all the way!

As a Libertarian and a staunch critic of the federal government’s so called “war on drugs”, Ron Paul has made it clear that as president he would open up dialogue on the issue of drug legalization as a means of effectively undermining the black market, overturning racial injustice, reducing ballooning prison populations and opening up possibilities where medical use of currently illegal drugs are concerned.

http://www.infowars.com/gingrich-labels-ron-pauls-entire-support-ba...

Fundraising:  Out of $12.6M  Paul has raised, below are the funds donated to Paul from the armed forces .......... $65,000 in a generous count.  Probs not the amount that Paul would like his supporters to know, but it does make a good soundbite. http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00...

US Army $24,503
US Air Force $23,335
US Navy $17,432

Also, concerning the armed forces, don't tell it to these guys:

http://www.facebook.com/Vets4Perry?sk=wall

Concerning the newsletters:

Here's what they found:

In interviews with reason, a half-dozen longtime libertarian activists--including some still close to Paul--all named the same man as Paul's chief ghostwriter: Ludwig von Mises Institute founder Llewellyn Rockwell, Jr. Financial records from 1985 and 2001 show that Rockwell, Paul's congressional chief of staff from 1978 to 1982, was a vice president of Ron Paul & Associates, the corporation that published the Ron Paul Political Report and the Ron Paul Survival Report. The company was dissolved in 2001. During the period when the most incendiary items appeared--roughly 1989 to 1994--Rockwell and the prominent libertarian theorist Murray Rothbard championed an open strategy of exploiting racial and class resentment to build a coalition with populist "paleoconservatives," producing a flurry of articles and manifestos whose racially charged talking points and vocabulary mirrored the controversial Paul newsletters recently unearthed by The New Republic. To this day Rockwell remains a friend and advisor to Paul--accompanying him to major media appearances; promoting his candidacy on the LewRockwell.com blog; publishing his books; and peddling an array of the avuncular Texas congressman's recent writings and audio recordings.

Rockwell has denied responsibility for the newsletters' contents to The New Republic's Jamie Kirchick. Rockwell twice declined to discuss the matter with reason, maintaining this week that he had "nothing to say." He has characterized discussion of the newsletters as "hysterical smears aimed at political enemies" of The New Republic. Paul himself called the controversy "old news" and "ancient history" when we reached him last week, and he has not responded to further request for comment. But a source close to the Paul presidential campaign told reason that Rockwell authored much of the content of the Political Report and Survival Report. "If Rockwell had any honor he'd come out and I say, 'I wrote this stuff,'" said the source, who asked not to be named because Paul remains friendly with Rockwell and is reluctant to assign responsibility for the letters. "He should have done it 10 years ago."

They go on to report that the publishing operation was lucrative, generating almost $1 million dollars per year, and that "if Paul didn't know who was writing his newsletters, he knew they were a crucial source of income and a successful tool for building his fundraising base for a political comeback." At best, he didn't ask questions about an association that brought him a lot of money.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/grappling-with-...

I guess you are passing on the nukes and Iran message and the 9/11 truther messages?

I have no problem posting this graph as they tried to debunk it on a radio show the other day and they had to admit it was accurate.

I am not passing on the nuke as I have addressed it many times. You can look it up on wikipedia. Iran is going to be WW3 and our downfall. With Israel busted for selling missles to China, how can anybody be sure what's going on? We go to war with Iran, China & Russia join forces with Iran. We're supposed to be there because of Israel & Israel is selling weapons & technology to China...Then they say terrorism, but have pulled security from our borders - the only thing they have done to stop terrorism is strip us of our rights. With the US being a "battlefield" now, why are the borders open & our military in over 900 bases around the world? Wouldn't it make more sense to strengthen our military here at home, along with our borders? Our defense has been seriously weakened. And then the there is our financial condition which again, is further destroyed by war.

9/11 truthers are not the minority anymore. The families of 9/11 have tried time & time again to challenge the 9/11 Commission. During the hearings it came out that the administration was warned, not once, not twice, but many times and failed to react/respond to the threat. I believe it was their attempt to cover up their stupidity that actually gave birth to the truthers. Now with Holder being bashed for Fast & Furious, then being linked to OK bombing, why shouldn't people fail to believe in the governments version of anything. Not to mention that Bin Laden sent an open letter to the US outlining exactly why we were attacked & it wasn't because we are free. His letter is available to anyone who types it into a search engine.

You are still able to voice your opinion here in the US, maybe not for much longer according to Oath Keepers. Ron Paul supporters are not about Republican or Democrat anymore, they are about liberty & the Constitution. Democrats are leaving their party for Paul, just google Blue Republican or Green Republican. Libertarians, the young, the old, all of the people concerned with the decline of their civil liberties, their freedom. Paul has a 30 year history of standing for his words, he doesn't change. That is something I not only admire, but want in my president.

As for drugs....prescription drug abuse has killed more people than pot, my goodness, I can't believe that that is even an issue today. Paul is very clear that the power belongs in the hands of the STATES. The federal war on drugs is a massive failure and has cost the US dearly. By the way, where I live, pot is legal & we don't have any problems with it, although we still have problems with drug cartel in our forests which has been taken care of by our local law enforcement.

annamae sturat said:

As a Libertarian and a staunch critic of the federal government’s so called “war on drugs”, Ron Paul has made it clear that as president he would open up dialogue on the issue of drug legalization as a means of effectively undermining the black market, overturning racial injustice, reducing ballooning prison populations and opening up possibilities where medical use of currently illegal drugs are concerned.

http://www.infowars.com/gingrich-labels-ron-pauls-entire-support-ba...

Fundraising:  Out of $12.6M,  Paul has raised below are the funds donated to Paul from the armed forces is $65,000 in a generous count.  Probs not the amount that Paul would like his supporters to know, but it does make a good soundbite. http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00...

US Army $24,503
US Air Force $23,335
US Navy $17,432

Also, concerning the armed forces, don't tell it to these guys:

http://www.facebook.com/Vets4Perry?sk=wall

I guess you are passing on the nukes and Iran message and the 9/11 truther messages?

Why Ron Paul Is Right About Terrorism: A Letter to the GOP Base
by David T. Beito and Scott Horton

"Policy toward Iraq is ... not designed to protect U.S. national security. It is instead a threat to our security because it may lead to war and loss of American lives, increase terrorism and certainly an additional expense for the U.S. taxpayer. The hyped rhetoric coming from Washington which describes Hussein as the only evil monster with which we must deal in the world is a poor substitute for wise counsel. "
~ Rep. Ron Paul, Letter to President Bill Clinton, November 19, 1997

"If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road."
~ Gov. George W. Bush, Presidential debate with Al Gore, October 3, 2000

Many conservatives have said that they agree with Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul on just about everything, but they just can't see things his way when it comes to dealing with the Middle East. Paul's views – correctly or incorrectly perceived – could well be a deal breaker for some in the base of the Republican party who look for strong presidential leadership to protect us from foreign threats. This open letter is an attempt to persuade you that Paul has been, and continues to be, right about the terrorist threat and what should be done about it.

Ron Paul understands something that the other candidates from both parties apparently cannot: Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda is a relatively small organization with limited reach. The attack of September 11th was a desperate act from a desperate group who has failed miserably in their quest to conquer and unify the Islamic world. They do not control a single state on earth. By all indications Bin Laden, al Zawahiri and their closest followers remain isolated in the no-man's-land between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Al Qaeda is not an Islamo-fascist caliphate on the march, but they have attacked us and remain a threat. It is al Qaeda – not extremism everywhere – that Dr. Paul means to fight. Responding appropriately demands a cold and objective assessment of the situation, not unchecked, knee-jerk emotion.

Let us start with the question "Why did they attack us on September 11th?"

Dr. Paul's fellow GOP candidates may publicly denounce him all they want for his view that the September 11th hijackers, their accomplices and financiers were motivated by a hatred of American policy in the Middle East. The terrorists themselves cite U.S. support for Israel and an indefinite military occupation of the Saudi desert, necessary for the enforcement of the blockade and no-fly zones against neighboring Iraq during the 1990s.

more: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/beito2.html

Ron Paul is totally wrong suggesting we were attacked on 911 because of "blowback" from things we did causing it. I could never vote for someone who thinks like that and the vast majority of Americans would never vote for him either.

Look, I have no doubt that you are sincere in your support of Paul, but all you are doing is posting talking points off his pages combined with your own wrong conclusions (drugs).

I have no problem posting this graph as they tried to debunk it on a radio show the other day and they had to admit it was accurate.

****The problem with trying to make the case for "military" people being more for Paul than other candidates is that most contributors don't identify themselves as "military" or "not"  when they donate privately.  No one knows how many "military" men/women have donated privately....you know why?  When one donates less than $200 they do so anonymously with no one keeping a record (which is how I donate),  and the limits of KNOWN contributions is $2,500 for an individual. What you are posting are the "bundled" contributions which is pointed out in the link I gave you and which you probs didn't even read before posting your reply: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00...

From that page: ".....Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates....."

****The Facebook page link I gave you shows many of these private military that support Perry.  So, I'll have to give you a zero.

I believe it was their attempt to cover up their stupidity that actually gave birth to the truthers.

*****Your "believing" doesn't make it true. And, your use of "many" this and that doesn't make a fact either on any of your points.  There are just as "many" that "don't" hold to or believe Paul's points.  *shrug*  Being warned ahead of time doesn't make one "complicit" with the attack.  Wrong conclusions.

As for drugs....prescription drug abuse has killed more people than pot, my goodness, I can't believe that that is even an issue today. Paul is very clear that the power belongs in the hands of the STATES. The federal war on drugs is a massive failure and has cost the US dearly. By the way, where I live, pot is legal & we don't have any problems with it, although we still have problems with drug cartel in our forests which has been taken care of by our local law enforcement.

**** Newsflash: Pot doesn't "kill" people.  I'm a chemical dependency counselor. You need to look up your facts.  Yes, prescription drugs kill more people yearly than illicit drugs......that's been the truth for years. You've just proven my point for me: "Legalizing" pharmaceticals hasn't helped  one bit to decrease their usage.  I'm not ready to "legalize" any other drugs as a result. 

****YOu didn't mention his wanting to  legalize prostitution? 

****I'm not going to look up any facts on Nukes and Iran.  You are the one making this argument. If you can't back it up, I'll consider it a "lose" for you.

*****As far as the newsletters, your guy has been outed concerning these newsletters.  He's now admitting that he did write SOME parts  of the newsletters.  Also he had editing rights over them prior to their being published:http://amerpundit.com/2011/12/29/ron-paul-admits-he-wrote-parts-of-...

By all indications Bin Laden, al Zawahiri and their closest followers remain isolated in the no-man's-land between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

*****You really need to keep up with the news and stop using your cut & paste library.  Bin Laden is DEAD!

****Also, http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/12475122/al-qaeda-trying-to-recr...

****Besides the fact that you are blurring the lines between Islam and AQ. The Muslim brotherhood is alive and well.....setting up Shariah law in Libya.

****Nation building: Perry is against that as well.  He'd like for the troops to be on OUR border, not in some foreign land.

*****You quote LouRockwell.....sort of like having the fox tell the hens what went down that day.

He's the one that wrote those newsletter, according to Paul (before Paul admitted that he also did) **crazy eyes**

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/12/19/ron-paul-newsletters-m...

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/fmr-staffer-says-ro...

I used the *** because this post is getting too long and can't tell who was saying what.

Another link about Paul and those letters:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ron-paul-doesnt-want-to-talk-about...

Ron Paul Doesn’t Want To Talk About His Newsletters Anymore

When asked during an interview with CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger whether he looked at them when they were published and decided they did not represent him accurately, he said “not all the time.” Pressed on whether he read them he said, “Not all the time. Well, on occasion, yes.”

Paul, who had left Congress at the time and was practicing medicine, has repeatedly disavowed the controversial remarks in the newsletters.

“I’ve never read that stuff. I’ve never read – I came – I was probably aware of it 10 years after it was written and it’s been going on 20 years that people have pestered me about this and CNN does it every single time,” he said.

Paul became more and more testy with Borger as the interview went on, a quality that we really haven’t seen from him in media interview many times before because the media has never subjected him to this kind of questioning, and, well, you can watch for yourself to see what happened:...

What happened was that he walked out of the interview.

The problem for Paul is that the “official” story on that issue has changed several times over the 15 or so years since he returned to ...

He really needs to make up his mind and be more professional and honest..........this is why people don't trust Paul or his word. You and his followers can make excuses for him all you want.  It doesn't change the facts.  He's not honest, nor trustworthy to be the man with his finger on the trigger!

I'm hoping that you will read this whole article.  If you are just another blind Paul bot (as some are) ......never mind.

You obviously have your mind made up. To discontinue the FEDERAL WAR on drugs does nothing but save us $$, it hasn't worked. Paul wants to turn the powers back over to the states which already have laws on drugs & prostitution. I will not vote for anyone but ROn Paul, I want my freedom returned to the people. And if you want to see the real scoop on the "CNN walk out" the ENTIRE video has been posted and they cut out a great deal of it and for your info, he has not changed anything. Iran & nukes, the history goes back to the 50's, if you don't want to look it up - don't, wikipedia sets it up by time lines. I do not use a "cut & paste" library as you state - I just don't have a great deal of time to type some of the info myself. End of story & as far as you giving me a zero on anything - I could care less.

annamae sturat said:

Another link about Paul and those letters:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ron-paul-doesnt-want-to-talk-about...

Ron Paul Doesn’t Want To Talk About His Newsletters Anymore

When asked during an interview with CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger whether he looked at them when they were published and decided they did not represent him accurately, he said “not all the time.” Pressed on whether he read them he said, “Not all the time. Well, on occasion, yes.”

Paul, who had left Congress at the time and was practicing medicine, has repeatedly disavowed the controversial remarks in the newsletters.

“I’ve never read that stuff. I’ve never read – I came – I was probably aware of it 10 years after it was written and it’s been going on 20 years that people have pestered me about this and CNN does it every single time,” he said.

Paul became more and more testy with Borger as the interview went on, a quality that we really haven’t seen from him in media interview many times before because the media has never subjected him to this kind of questioning, and, well, you can watch for yourself to see what happened:...

What happened was that he walked out of the interview.

The problem for Paul is that the “official” story on that issue has changed several times over the 15 or so years since he returned to ...

He really needs to make up his mind and be more professional and honest..........this is why people don't trust Paul or his word. You and his followers can make excuses for him all you want.  It doesn't change the facts.  He's not honest, nor trustworthy to be the man with his finger on the trigger!

I'm hoping that you will read this whole article.  If you are just another blind Paul bot (as some are) ......never mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Right Face! is a Conservative Blog with Conservative News & Views. Restore America's Founding Principals. We Need You! Please Join Today!

Notes

Damn Few!

Created by Admin Feb 24, 2013 at 2:50pm. Last updated by Admin Feb 24, 2013.

Chris Kyle

Created by Admin Feb 3, 2013 at 3:40am. Last updated by Admin Feb 3, 2013.

Heroes Proved

Heroes Proved by Oliver North…

Continue

Created by Admin Jan 26, 2013 at 5:09pm. Last updated by Admin Jan 26, 2013.

Invite a Friend!

Invite your friends to Join Us at Right Face! The more members we have the greater our ability to inform and educate others to the importance of our…

Continue

Created by Admin Jul 20, 2011 at 3:47am. Last updated by Admin Sep 2, 2011.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by Admin Jul 20, 2011 at 2:09am. Last updated by Admin Jul 20, 2011.

Badge

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Events

© 2014   Created by Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service